Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2010

It's working

Tonight I found out what I was doing wrong. I forgot to add the new version to the catgory.xml. As a consequence my update appeared but was uncategorized. Removing the corresponding checkbox showed the update. I fixed that and now the update appears as it should.
Not that a big thing (if you know what you have to do).

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010

Fighting with update sites

Today I played around with my test update site, but with no success. It was not possible to add a new release and update to that (p2-enabled). I think it is a quite easy task for experienced eclipse plugin developers, but if you are a free-time open source developer who wants to concentrate on adding features to a plugin it is annoying to spend so much time for those things :-(

Montag, 18. Januar 2010

Test Updatesite p2-enabled

Tonight I uploaded a test update site on which should be p2-enabled. I used the File > Export > Deployable features to generate a artifacts.xml and category.xml which should be enough to p2 enable MoreUnit (hopefully). The update site seems to work so I think it's a good start.

Sonntag, 17. Januar 2010

Patch and p2

Tonight I integrated a patch to start tests from the CUT.
After that I started to read a little bit about p2 again, because MoreUnit is not p2 enabled yet. Last time I tried, it did not work properly and documenation was quite rare. Todays try was not very successfully too. Documentation about update sites on is outdated and the p2 site wiki did not offer a easy switch guide for plugin developers from older update sites :-(