Samstag, 7. November 2009

Cleanup in the tests

The tests have not been implemented very "nice". CompilationUnits got created but did not get deleted after the test run. Tonight I added cleanup code to the test methods which created java files. At first I made a mistake and tried to delete the primary type and was wondering why the java files still existed, now I call delete on the corresponding compilation unit and the tests run fine and much faster now after all of the refactorings :-)

Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009

Refactoring Tests

The unit tests for MoreUnit are quite slow. But after switching to JUnit4 a while ago, I started to improve performance tonight which is quite easy because of @BeforeClass and @AfterClass.

Montag, 19. Oktober 2009

Bugfix for enums

There was a bug in MoreUnit for switching in enums. This is fixed in HEAD. When writing a test for this bug I recognized that one test does not run anymore. It causes an OutOfMemory all the time. I needed to comment out this test. At the moment I don't understand why this test causes these problems becaue I just switched the eclipse version and didn't change my code. But this problem has to wait for another evening with some freetime.

Dienstag, 6. Oktober 2009

Bugfix outline view

Tonight I fixed a bug in the outline view for missing test methods. Since Galileo the outline view did not synchronize with the active part anymore. The reason was that PageBookView#partHidden removed the PageRec with the MethodPage and switched to the defaultRec (no outline) and the PageRec was never switched again.
As a solution MissingMethodViewPart#partBroughtToTop now checks if the defaultRec is still shown and switches back if neccessary.

Freitag, 11. September 2009

Bugfixng time

Today I fixed two bugs which caused NPEs. Thanks for bug reporting!

Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009

Galileo release

While Galileo is out for a while I switched just last week to the new version.
What I really bother about is the lack of extension locations (about which I blogged already about Ganyemde).
But now I gave up with it and switched to .link files to share my plugins for my different eclipse versions.
The most important thing for me in the new release happened behind the surface. I am a Mac user and after Carbon is out I already followed the milestones of Galileo in Cocoa.
It is great how fast the SWT team has ported because I think that was not quite easy.
The coolest new feature in Galileo is block editing. That rocks and was one of the missing features which urged me to open an external editor. Thanks a lot.

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2009

Switched to JUnit 4

Today I switched the tests to JUnit 4 which was on my task list for a long time.

Sonntag, 22. März 2009

MoreUnit 1.3.1 released

Some minutes ago a new version of MoreUnit was released.
What happened:
  • Prefix for testmethod names is now configurable.
  • Marker in the editor can be configured via preferences.
  • Bugfixing

Mittwoch, 18. März 2009

Second test cycle finished

At the moment I am preparing a new release. The first test cycle showed some bugs which are fixed now. In the second test cycle now problems occured. So moreUnit is quite close to its next release.

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009

Homepage update prepared

There are enough new features/bugfixes now to start preparing a new release. Today I have updated the homepage. Test phase of version 1.3.x can be started now.

Sonntag, 15. Februar 2009

Annotation instead of marker

As moreUnit marker do show yellow marker on the right side of the editor (overview ruler) I changed the implemented and moreUnit now uses annotations which are completed configurable by the user within the preferences.

Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009

Test refactoring

The refactoring of the tests/code coverage while take a while. Today I removed some unused test classes and rewrote some tests.

Freitag, 23. Januar 2009

More tests

Today I removed the unused classes from the project and started some refactorings in addition with new/more tests to improved test coverage.

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009

Refactoring of preference/property page

As preference page and property page are very similar I changed the class hierarchy of the preference page (which extended FieldEditorPreferencePage in former versions). Both pages use OtherMoreUnitPropertiesBlock to create their UI now (DRY).

Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009


Tonight I integrated two patches which users of MoreUnit have mailed. Nice to see that there are other people who like to get involved :-)

Sonntag, 4. Januar 2009

Release 1.2.0

A new version of MoreUnit is available.